Crossroads: The Intersection of LGBT and API Civil Rights
On September 17, community leaders and activists are invited to join API Equality-LA for an event called, "Crossroads: The Intersection of API and LGBT Civil Rights." After a successful event in 2009, we are re-convening to continue exploring important issues that impact our communities. We hope to bring a diverse audience of activists and community leaders together to highlight our points of intersection so that we can better create a unified social justice movement. The three topics we will explore are: the FAIR Education Act, immigration reform, and bullying in schools. At the event, you will focus on one of these areas in a breakout session.
- Assemblymember Warren Furutani, 55th Assembly District
- Marsha Aizumi, Opportunities for Learning Public Charter School and mother of a transgender activist
- Stephen Jimenez, Project 10, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Daniel Solis, Southern California Program Manager, The Gay-Straight Alliance Network
- Claudia Chen, Intern, the Gay-Straight Alliance Network
- Connie Choi, Immigration Attorney, Asian Pacific American Legal Center
Our exciting and interactive program will give attendees a chance learn about current work in these areas, network with like-minded individuals, and lay the groundwork for future collaborations and collective action. Thanks so much for your support and we hope to see you there!
11:30 AM - 5 PM on Saturday, September 17, 2011
Asian Pacific American Legal Center
1145 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90017 [Map]
RSVP is required. Please send questions and RSVPs to Brian Nguyen at email@example.com.